Divya Kiran Sewa Sansthan was founded by a group of committed social activists who were concerned about the inequalities prevalent in society. The group of activists conducted sporadic social welfare activities in remote and rural areas of Jhunjhunu district in Rajasthan. In the course of their voluntary action, the activists realized that there is larger need for concerted and collective efforts to reduce the gap between the privileged and the lesser privileged sections of the society. Thus Divya Kiran Sewa Sansthan was established as a Non-Governmental volunteer organization to cater to the unserved and under-served communities, with focus on the most vulnerable groups.
Since its inception, the society has been working towards social development and empowerment of the underprivileged individuals, to make them self reliant and capable to survive their lives without any outside support.
Divya Kiran Sewa Sansthan has been working in the core thrust areas of Livelihood, Education, Health, Rights and Entitlement of children and women and Natural resource Management (NRM). The organization has been working with a view to strengthen and add value to the ongoing work in the social development sector and to contribute in the nation building process. It works collectively by building a network with government, community, professionals, community based organizations and civil society organizations.
Aims And Objectives
Promote overall development of the deprived and marginalized communities by providing them social, economic, educational, legal, health and livelihood support. To make people independent and enable them for sustainable self-reliance to fight for their rights in every sphere of life in general and to women folks in particular. We aim to create a society based on equality and justice; a society where women can influence policies and actions at all levels of decisions to safeguard their rights and help to promote sustainable development.
- To bring about radical change among the most marginalized sections of the society by facilitating access to basic needs including livelihood, education, health care and strengthening their participation in local governance
- To prevent migration and trafficking by enhancing employability through technical and vocational trainings and facilitating employment /self-employment opportunities
- To establish linkages with concerned government departments, organizations and development agencies to improve the living standard of underprivileged communities in rural and urban areas
- To facilitate equitable development of women and children hailing from the unserved and the under-served communities
- To promote gender equality and facilitate women empowerment
- To ensure holistic development of the primitive tribal groups (PTG) by through promotion of livelihood, education, health care, human rights and community based rehabilitation
Mission & Vision
To identify and work for the upliftment of the socially, educationally and economically deprived men, women and children and enable them to be self-reliant and enjoy a healthy, dignified and sustainable life; our mission is to provide them access to resources and encourage them to struggle for a better future and help them to realize their role in national development.
To work towards building a society where rights, equity, justice, harmony and peace prevails and where there is no poverty and deprivation. We envision to create a society where everyone believes in a rights based approach, not a charity based approach.